To learn more:
1. Watch Rebeca Saxe’s astonishing TED talk: Rebecca Saxe: How Brains Make Moral Judgements
2. For more on fMRI methods, see the talks on this site listed under the thread: fMRI: Imaging of the Human Brain at Work
3. For more on all of the methods of cognitive neuroscience (fMRI and other), see the talks on this site listed under the thread: How can you study the human Mind and brain?
4. For a detailed and technical treatment of brain imaging methods see Jody Culham’s excellent site .
5. For a scientific review article summarizing the main scientific view put forth in this site (not written for lay people but hopefully not completely unintelligible), see my 2010 article in PNAS, "Functional specificity in the human brain: A window into the functional architecture of the mind” .
6. For detailed scientific articles from my lab, see our lab’s publication page and read everything we have ever published (just kidding; browsing is allowed).